About the Blog:
Helping Patients Find Their Voice
According to the CDC, about half of all Americans have at least one chronic condition, and 50 million of those are autoimmune patients. We aim to teach them how to be their own advocates. We offer our readers guidance, analysis, and support under four major categories:
- How to build your healthcare team
- How to manage your condition
- Latest federal healthcare legislation
- Health insurance
About the Author:
Patient, Caregiver, Researcher, Writer, Advocate.
Claire Sachs is the founder of The Patient Advocate’s Chronicle. She has spent a lifetime (give or take a few years) learning the healthcare system and how to handle the ups and downs of a body that doesn’t work the way it should. Between that, two degrees in government, supportive parents who taught her about coping and insurance, she has an exceptional and rare insight into the good and bad of being a patient.
- Primarily female, aged 25 to 54
- Vast majority live in the US, with small amounts in the UK and Canada
- Health and healthcare news matters to them! They're interested in a wide variety of health topics including chronic illnesses, healthcare, health technology, and/or wellness